The present situation has simultaneously exposed the financial sector to increasing credit, market and operational risks. It has also highlighted the fact that there is a need for banks to be proactive in addressing all possible and probable risks, rather than being mostly reactive.
The objective of the program is to sensitise the senior officers of banks, financial institutions and Reserve Bank of India on issues relating to risks, compliance and controls. The program would also provide the participants a platform to interact and exchange views with the regulators and peers. The program would be useful for risk officers, compliance officers, officers working in inspection/audit functions as also for officers from business units.
Broad program outline
· Understanding Risks – credit, market and operational risks
· Information technology and cyber risk
· Rising trend in credit and forex frauds - red flagging of accounts
· Strengthening the systems and Controls – up-skilling and plugging the loopholes
· Regulatory compliance – divergence in asset classification and provisioning
· KYC & AML compliance
· RAROC, capital allocation and planning