Workshop on Cyber Risk and Resilience
Monday, July 30, 2018
The Classroom, Taj Lands End, Bandra (W), Mumbai
The objective of the Workshop is to discuss the threats posed by cyber-attacks, cybercrimes/frauds and recent incidents; discuss the regulatory framework for cyber security and how banks and financial institutions can assess and mitigate cyber risks so as to be resilient.
Broad coverage of the workshop
I. Regulatory framework
- • Regulatory framework for cyber security
- • Recent measures taken by RBI for instilling cyber discipline at banks
- • How to improve the cyber risk management system?
II. Cyber risk management
- • Cyber threats, attacks/incidents and impact
- • Cyber security governance model/framework and strategies
- • Cyber risk quantification
- • Cyber risk preparedness by banks
III. Cyber Crime - Case Studies, Techniques & Methods of Handling Cyber Frauds
IV. Innovative Solutions: Deception Technology –A new tool for effective handling of cyber-attacks –banking case study
V. Use of SWIFT by banks
- • Lessons to be learnt from the recent incident of unauthorized use of SWIFT
- • Structured and unstructured messages
- • Understanding the risks and controls
Senior officers at the level of Assistant General Manager or equivalent and above from Banks, FIs and RBI including those involved with risk management, operations, audit, cyber security and CISOs.