About the Program
The Centre for Advanced Financial Research and Learning (CAFRAL) and Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia are jointly organising a dual-country program on “Leading in the Digital Age” to be held in India (Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney). The program, designed for top executives of the Indian financial institutions, focuses on managing strategic initiatives in the context of digital transformation and the need to enhance risk governance and risk culture. The key areas covered in the Program are: (i) Digital Strategy in a rapidly changing world of Fintech, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain and Big Data Analytics; (ii) Risk Strategy, governance and culture; and (iii) Hands-on Workshops on financial technology and cyber security issues, risk strategy and resolution of problem assets.
International experts will draw upon their expertise to provide insights into the key topical areas relevant for strategic management of financial institutions in today’s context. In addition to classroom sessions, the program includes:
· Practical application of cyber training at the Optus Macquarie University Cyber Security Hub (Australia’s first multidisciplinary cyber security establishment that provides business support for cyber governance, security learning and technological management skills)
· Practical approaches to use technology for coming up with next generation of products in the Commonwealth Bank of Australia’s Innovation Lab
· PwC’s Cyber Security Strategies and Initiatives together with running the “Game of Threats”
· Presentations by Deloitte on (i) Digital strategies for achieving business objectives and (ii) Enhancing risk strategy, risk governance and risk culture in financial institutions
· Commentary on practical approaches for valuation of non-performing loans for resolving problem assets by Herbert Smith Freehills, a law firm well-known for its expertise on Insolvency and Bankruptcy issues.