The objective of the workshop is to understand issues relating to credit appraisals, financial ratios and indicators, risk assessments in project & infrastructure financing, retail lending, etc.
Broad program outline
1. Indian banking system – challenges on account of asset quality
2. Understanding credit risk; role of directors on credit committees, role of CRO
3. Analysis and interpretation of financial statements and financial ratios
4. Strengthening credit assessments
• Retail lending including mortgage finance, educational loans and personal loans
• Project and infrastructure financing
• Off balance sheet exposure of banks – LCs, BGs, etc.
• Trade financing