International Conference on Fintech and Banking: Future of Financial Services and Regulation In collaboration with New Development Bank, Shanghai and ICAS, Europe
Monday, November 26, 2018
to Tuesday, November 27, 2018
Roof Top, Hotel Trident, Nariman Point, Mumbai
Currently, the world is witnessing progressive unbundling of banking and the increasing use of advanced technologies in banking and financial intermediation. Innovative use of these advanced technologies is being primarily driven by “Fintech Companies”. These fintech innovations and their use are creating disruptive tendencies in the financial sectors.
BRICS countries have also been witnessing these disruptive changes. Fintech applications help financial intermediaries design new financial products and promote financial inclusion, sustainable development, green finance and sustainable infrastructure. Also, there have been incidents across BRICS countries of misuse fintech applications for facilitating financial crimes. Again, use of fintechs especially in the matter of private digital currencies has potential implications for financial stability. These developments demand timely and optimal regulatory response, sometime beyond the defined contours of extant financial regulations.
The Conference brings together officials of Central Banks, Development Banks, Commercial Banks and Financial Technology Companies of BRICS countries.
The Conference will deliberate on practical and policy-level issues on various aspects relating to fintech, banking, financial service business and financial regulation
• Overview of latest technologies and Fintech trends (big data, artificial intelligence, block-chain technologies)
• Fintech applications in trade finance and payment systems
• Financial Inclusion, sustainable development and Fintech.
• Emerging role of digital currencies and underlying risks
• Fintech, financial crime and emerging financial regulatory architecture
• Leveraging technology for complying with regulatory and supervisory requirements (Regtech and Suptech initiatives)
• Research Paper presentation by eminent speakers from Brazil, Germany, India and UK
Senior officers from banks, NBFCs, Financial Institutions and Fintechs working in the areas of information technology, financial controls, strategies, compliance, audit, financial inclusion, consumer lending, MSME lending, green finance, transaction banking, trade finance, payments & remittances. Senior and middle level officers who have the potential to be future leader